Thursday, May 19, 2011

She's eight now...

Oh my baby girl turned 8 today! I can't believe she's so old now! Eight feels huge. As I watched her open her gifts and enjoy her time at Amazing Jakes I couldn't help but feel a little sad. In 10 years she will be headed off to college. I know, that's a long time off. But not really. Just a minute ago I was rocking her to sleep in our California home as a new born. Just a blip ago I was swaddling her up tight so she'd sleep through the night. Eight years flew by so I'm sure 10 will go even faster.
 As I watched her with her head phones in her ears playing cat physics, I thought here we go. The time when the ears are plugged and the tuning mom out begins. It can't be here already! I'm not ready to vie for her attention. I'm not ready to compete with outside information. Ready or not here it is.
So she's 8. Not a huge age but still some how it feels big to me. Maybe with her brother on the horizon of 10 and littler brother starting kindergarten this fall everything is sailing past me.
I'm reminded tonight that this moment is passing to quick. The bible reminds us that we are here today and tomorrow we are like faded flowers. I am reminded tonight that my baby girl isn't a baby any more. She is all too quickly growing into a young lady and soon a young woman.
I pray that as she continues to grow time wouldn't pass too quick.That we'd celebrate each day as if it were her special day. I pray that though I say I try to live everyday on purpose with her, that I actually would. Lastly I pray she would know how much she is treasured in Weir,Tx. Life is so full and so rich with Eden Weir in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment